Back from Laos!!!!! I had a really good time for the past 15 days:) It was a really good experience, the village life. No shower system, no flushing system, no toilet bowls. It was the simple life that we are never able to enjoy here. We all started off being afraid off the many flies and bugs there, to not caring even if there are 10 flies on the same table as the one you're eating. After 10 days of being in the village, when a fly flies into your plate, you just pick it out and continue eating, haha. There are so many stories and so much I've gained from this trip, including the friendships made:) All different individuals but such great group dynamics! I am really glad I went on this ocsp. So many experiences and photos I wanna share but there's just too many! I am currently still in the village life mindset: No work, no worries, I would feel like walking out of my house to get food to fill my itchy mouth like we do everyday at the village. Days went by slowly: waking up, breakfast, walk up the hill to the school, back for lunch, wash clothes/take a nap/talk more/play games, back to the school to teach or build, buying snacks and ice pops and drinks at any time of the day, back to the house for dinner then bathe(oh not forgetting to mention abs sessions before dinner heh) and then talk through the night before lights out. So glad I had no diarrhea from but oh I sprained my ankle WHILE RIDDING ON A MOTORBIKE!!!! Okay but obviously didn't go very well haha cuz I fell off while trying to turn it lol. But cool story nonetheless right hehe at least I rode a bike. One strike of the list!
I love how simple things are in the village/ how the kids make use of whatever they have to have fun/ just simply hanging on tree brunches and plucking flowers/ how even we feel so happy at every meal time/ how the night sky is filled with stars.
| Sabaidee/R&R |
| Project Hearts to Huts '13 |
Waiting for everyone else to return from overseas, then catch up with more people and enjoy/nua somemore till I start interning! Happy to be back to my room and bed and all things comfy:) But still waiting for the fav boy to be back..........:(
![]() |
| Sunset/Wish you were here |
12 more days < 3
xoxo,
Ven.









No comments:
Post a Comment