Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Big Two

So, I turn 20 today. Been having the #turning 20syndrome the past few days, being down and idk some what unsettled about turning 20, thinking about my year, feeling that it wasn't really the best year. I guess when your birthday falls at the end of the year, you tend to think of how your year end, and what you did before you turn 20. Well, this was honestly the only year in a long while, i can't even rmb when was the last time I had time to think and pen down my thoughts like this because I was always overseas. I think I probably got used to being overseas, away from the buzz, the friends, the expectations of surprises that being in Sg this year just makes me feel, kind of not looking forward. I mean it's just going to be just another day in 2012 holy crap yes I just typed 2012 and then felt weird and clicked on my calendar to confirm that it is 2013 that is ending. WHAT IN THE WORLD. 

Usually I reflect on my year like on the last day of the year or the few few days of the new year, but since I have time this year, I do it on my birthday cuz it's kinda, equivalent. Well, seeing that I actually thought we were still living in 2012 goes to show how much(little) significance 2013 has to me. I'm not sure if its because i've become too negative, or the year just hasn't been great. This year, I realised how few really really really close friends I have, well I'm not complaining because I could really just live with those few people. The society is just setting too many expectations. Birthday surprises, parties, presents, oh not even normal presents but extravagant ones. I mean, who set these rules? I don't exactly get it, I don't get alot of stuff anyway haha. But I just want myself to always know to be thankful for what you have, the people around you, what you mean to them. The thoughts that count, not the material goods you have. Be glad, be happy. Always be happy. School hasn't been great too, and results are coming out soooooooon, and thinking about how I am starting school again soon turns me off but ya let's forget about it for now haha. Anyway, hope i'll have a happy 20th:) I have a small wish to work towards from now till my 21st, and I hope it comes true. As compared to 2012, you see I don't have much that I want to type down for 2013 haha or maybe that'll come later again on the 31st heh

xoxo,

No comments: