We're almost half way into 2020, and it's been a crazy year with COVID-19, a virus that has the world closed borders, no travels, lock downs, going out only for essentials and wearing a face mask everywhere we go. What a time to be alive, really. This year will go down in history books and we're all just trying to survive as best as we can in this new reality. I do miss the old life, looking back - 2019 was just great. But I'm certainly reminding myself to be grateful for my privileges, being safe and able to work from home, with little worries. For the record, I've been working from home since after CNY, February to be precise....so it's been 4 months now and counting - pretty sure this will stay for a couple more months. The world is going to be so different from here on, what we deem important, the way we travel, live - I hope the positive ones will stay. For me, I've pushed myself to do the things I've always wanted to do, or do more of: doing more videos, starting to read more (with my kindle), picked up digital illustrations/graphic design (with my iPad). I even finally made use of @ohwildthing Instagram account for my illustration work:-) Constantly reminding myself that life is a progress and we just have to keep learning and improving, staying happy and kind while doing so.
---
Over the past few days, I've looked back at old memories and whenever I do so, I can't help but think about the people whom I've once come so close to, but lost eventually. These are feelings you have to experience in order to know. Days like these I wonder how you are, how things might be different if we made different choices. One thing's for sure, we've both changed so much, and we're likely not the same people we were when we were close. I guess I'm better off keeping the good memories of us safe in my heart, untouched. I hope you do too.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment